Thank you for your interest in becoming a Project Health Intern!
In order to be eligible to be a Project Health Intern, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current, enrolled undergraduate student at the University of Alabama
- Hold a 2.75 GPA
- Be able to commit an average of five volunteer hours per week
- Health Hut members work two, one and a half hour shifts at the Hut per week
- Health Ambassadors work a one hour shift on Wednesday at Healthy Hump Day, and conduct residence hall, classroom, and organizational presentations throughout the semester
- Health Advocates participate in one hour of informal interactions, and coordinate one advocacy event per semester
- Healthy Minds members work a one hour shift once per week
- Gammas participate in one tabling shift or one informal interaction shift, and conduct Greek chapter presentations throughout the semester
- To be eligible for Gamma, applicant must be an active member of a social Greek organization)
- Participate in an introductory training on the first weekend of each semester (for spring, this falls after Martin Luther King Jr. Day).
- Attend weekly meetings on Sundays from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Have a strong interest in health and wellness, and living a healthy lifestyle (you do not have to have a health-related major!)
- Meet all substance use behavior standards
- No illegal drug use or prescription drug abuse
- Fake identification usage is extremely prohibited
- No tobacco use or vapor cigarette use (including JUUL)
- If you choose to drink, do so responsibly
- Meet social media policy behaviors
- Maintain professional conduct online and offline
- No engaging in or perpetuating unhealthy or dangerous behaviors
When applying for Project Health, you will be applying for all branches of Project Health. Our recruitment periods take place in March and October, but we accept applications on a rolling basis.
Apply to be a Project Health Intern
For any questions regarding Project Health recruitment, email email@example.com.
Need more info before applying for Project Health? Fill out our interest form.